Shoulder pain can become very problematic for those dealing with it. However, you do not have to suffer. Pain relief is available via chiropractic care here at Albanese Chiropractic. We take family wellness very seriously here at our office. We will aim to get to the root cause of your shoulder pain once and for all.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
There are a variety of circumstances that can contribute to shoulder pain. One common cause of shoulder pain is rotator cuff tendinitis. This condition is accompanied by swollen tendons. Shoulder pain can also be caused by impingement syndrome. This condition is when the rotator cuff gets stuck between the humeral head and the acromion.
Do not forget that shoulder pain can also be caused by an injury to another part of your body, specifically your biceps or neck. Shoulder pain can also be caused by any of the following:
- Torn cartilage
- Torn rotator cuff
- Swollen tendons or bursa sacs
- Bone spurs
- A broken arm or shoulder bone
- Frozen shoulder
- A pinched nerve in the shoulder or neck
- Dislocated shoulder
- Heart attack
- Spinal cord injury
Diagnosing Shoulder Pain
Our chiropractor’s main goal is to identify the root cause of your shoulder pain. A physical examination and an assessment of your medical history will be conducted. Our doctor will also feel for swelling and tenderness while assessing your joint stability and your range of motion. An x-ray or MRI may be conducted to help with a proper diagnosis. Diagnosing the root cause of your shoulder pain is the first step in proposing a proper treatment plan to begin healing.
Chiropractic care for shoulder pain can include any of the following:
- Chiropractic shoulder adjustments: When your shoulders move out of alignment, it can cause pain, muscle spasms, and inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments will return your shoulders to their natural position. Our chiropractor may also use a reflex hammer, a drop table, or a speeder board to facilitate these adjustments. Our chiropractor may also adjust your neck or upper back which may help to relieve shoulder pain.
- Posture issue treatment: Postural syndrome comes about due to prolonged periods of sitting with poor posture. Care from a chiropractor can relieve the effects of poor posture while making your back less likely to slip out of alignment in the future. Various shoulder exercises may also be conducted to enhance the benefits of chiropractic adjustments.
Chiropractic care can do the following:
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce pain
- Improve flexibility
- Increase tone and muscle strength
- Improve range of motion
Contact Our Chiropractor in Glen Allen for Shoulder Pain Relief
If you are looking for shoulder pain relief in Glen Allen, call Albanese Chiropractic today at (804) 290-4414.